BASIC NDT SERVICES
Radiographic Testing (RT)
Radiographic testing can be used to detect internal defects in castings, welds or forgings by exposure of the construction to x-ray or gamma ray radiation. Defects are detected by differences in radiation absorption in the material as seen on a shadow graph displayed on photographic film or a fluorescent screen X-rays, generated electrically, and Gamma rays emitted from radio-active isotopes, are penetrating radiation which is differentially absorbed by the material through which it passes; the greater the thickness, the greater the absorption.
Magnetic Particle Testing (MT)
Baklang accomplishes Magnetic particle testing by inducing a magnetic field in a ferromagnetic material and then dusting the surface with iron particles. The surface will produce magnetic poles and distort the magnetic field in such a way that the iron particles are attracted and concentrated making defects on the surface of the material visible.
This method is suitable for the detection of surface and near surface discontinuities in magnetic material, mainly ferritic steel and iron.
Baklang offers ultrasonic testing that uses high frequency sound energy to conduct examinations and make measurements. Ultrasonic inspection can be used for flaw detection/evaluation, dimensional measurements, material characterization, and more.
This technique is used for the detection of internal and surface (particularly distant surface) defects in sound conducting materials.
Dye Penetrant Testing
The dye penetrant testing can be used to locate discontinuities on material surfaces. A highly penetrating dye on the surface will enter discontinuities after a sufficient penetration time, and after removing the excess dye with a developing agent, the defects on the surface will be visible.
This method is frequently used for the detection of surface breaking flaws in non-ferromagnetic materials.
- To offer excellent cutting edge Advanced NDT services, Baklang is in strategic partnership with SIEVERT
- Sievert is a world leader in advanced NDT services
- With over 250 projects and 25,000 Kms of pipeline testing by crawler radiographer and 5000 Kms by AUT including Offshore, today Sievert is a force to reckon with in the international arena of NDT for large scale projects
- Continuous operations at 162+ locations around the world, with a 1500+ skilled workforce and no more than 700 state-of-the-art NDT equipment SIEVERT is clearly one of the front runners in the global NDT industry and an emerging player in Vendor inspection and Expediting services.
Baklang Group is a nationwide service provider for technical verification, Inspection, testing and conformity assessment instilling confidence in clients. Reliability and Integrity Management can help to ease these concerns
- Marine Warranty Survey
- Corrosion Monitoring & Control
- Risk-based Inspection
- Mechanical Maintenance Services
Corrosion monitoring involves measurement metal loss under various operating conditions to determine corrosion rates, fluid testing for corrosive level and inhibitor efficiency, and overall corrosion control effectiveness.