Baklang will ensure quality and safe operations that protect people, the environment, communities and assets wherever we do business. We shall use natural resources efficiently and provide energy that supports sustainable development. We believe that all accidents are preventable. Therefore, our focus would be on accident prevention, while delivering our usual premium world-class services.
We are committed to:
- Integrating health, safety and environment (HSE) in how we do business;
- Preventing pollution, injury and ill health;
- Complying with applicable legal requirements and other requirements to which we subscribe, related to our environmental aspects, risks, hazards, etc, associated with the HSE integrated management system;
- It shall provide the framework for setting and reviewing HSE objectives and targets;
- Documenting, implementing, maintaining and continually improving on our HSE integrated management system and its performance;
- Communicating to all persons working under our control with the intent that they are made aware of their individual and HSE obligations;
- Making this policy available to interested parties;
- Contributing to the development of sustainable energy systems and technology;
- Demonstrating the importance of HSE through hands-on leadership and behaviour;
- Openness in all HSE issues and active engagement with stakeholders.
This policy shall be communicated, understood and supported throughout the organization, and linked to consistent HSE objectives. The policy will be regularly reviewed for continuing suitability to ensure that it continues to be appropriate and in line with business needs.
Date: JANUARY 22, 2015
KEEM BAKARE MANAGING DIRECTOR
The ultimate responsibility for health safety and environment rests with the managing director of the Baklang